- Preliminary 2011 Financial and Operating Data now available for U.S. Affiliates of Foreign Multinational Companies
- Preliminary 2012 detailed balance of payments and direct investment position data for U.S. affiliates of foreign companies now available
- Preliminary 2012 detailed balance of payments and direct investment position data for foreign affiliates of U.S. companies now available
- Changes in Definitions, Classifications, and Methodologies in the U.S. International Transactions Accounts (ITAs) New!
- Video tutorials for BE-12 respondents New!
- New quarterly reports on international investment position debut March 26 (PDF) New!
- Trade statistics coming to you sooner...
- Preliminary 2010 Financial and Operating Data now available for U.S. Multinational Companies – U.S. Parents and Foreign Affiliates
- An Analysis of Revisions to BEA's International Economic Accounts (PDF)
International Economic Accounts
Modernizing BEA’s International Economic Accounts
Balance of Payments (International Transactions)
Quarterly and annual estimates of transactions with foreigners, including trade in goods and services, receipts and payments of income, transfers, and transactions in financial assets.
- News Release: International Transactions
includes highlights and associated tables
- U.S. International Transactions, 1960-present (Excel)
- Interactive Tables: Detailed estimates
- Balance of Payments Articles
Trade in Goods and Services
Monthly estimates of trade in goods and services.
- News Release: Trade in Goods and Services
includes highlights, information section, and associated tables
- News Release: Trade in Goods and Services Annual Revision
includes associated tables
- Trade in Goods and Services, 1992-present (Excel)
- Detailed trade in goods data
- See International Services for detailed annual services trade data
Annual estimates of cross-border trade in services and of services supplied to international markets through U.S. and foreign affiliates of multinational companies.
International Investment Position
Quarterly and annual estimates of the end of period value of accumulated stocks of U.S.-owned assets abroad and of foreign-owned assets in the United States.
- News Release: International Investment Position
includes highlights and associated tables
- International Investment Position, 1976-2013 (Excel)
- Changes in Yearend Positions, 2003-2012 (Excel)
- Changes in Selected Components of Yearend Positions, 1989-2012 (Excel)
- Valuing the Components of the U.S. International Investment Position (PDF)
- International Investment Position Articles
Direct Investment and Multinational Companies
Comprehensive data on inward and outward direct investment, including quarterly and annual balance of payments for financial flows and income, annual direct investment position data, and financial and operating data of multinational companies (MNCs).
- Statistics: Direct Investment and MNCs
- Articles: U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- Articles: Foreign Direct Investment in the United States
- Information on Globalization
- International Economics Directorate Product Guide
Projects linking BEA data with data from other statistical agencies
- BEA-Census Bureau-National Science Foundation R&D Data Link Project
- BEA-Census Bureau Data Link Project
- BEA-Bureau of Labor Statistics Data Link Project
Survey Forms and Related Materials
When communicating by email with BEA, please do not include sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the text or in an unencrypted attachment.
Sensitive PII is information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as a Social Security Number (full or partial).
Any document containing sensitive PII that is attached to an email must be encrypted. Any email received by BEA that contains sensitive PII in the text or in an unencrypted attachment will be blocked and deleted.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact information on the survey you are completing.
- U.S. direct investment abroad
- Foreign direct investment in the U.S.
- U.S. international services transactions
- Institutional Remittances to Foreign Countries (Form BE-40) (PDF)
- Industry and foreign trade classification materials
- Electronic filing with the efile system
- Federal regulations