Working at BEA
BEA's work makes a difference. BEA promotes a better understanding of the U.S. economy by providing the most timely, relevant, and accurate economic accounts data in an objective and cost-effective manner. BEA produces key indicators such as the gross domestic product (GDP), personal income, and international transactions and investment estimates.
Come work for a top-notch Federal statistical agency:
- Results from the 2008 Organizational Assessment Survey.
- View BEA's EEO Statement from the Director.
- If you are interested in applying for a job, please apply through USAjobs. To contact an HR Representative, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEA participates in the Commerce Alternative Personnel System, which provides a more flexible pay plan and pay structure than the standard Federal system.
- New vacancy announcements and extensions to current vacancy announcements are posted regularly. Please check back frequently for updates.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- USAJobs is a vacancy announcement and application system that provides a convenient way to search and apply for selected Department of Commerce jobs.
- Apply to the Economist vacancy for entry-level positions that provide statistical analysis and economic estimation.
Note to all Current and Former Federal Employees (Status Candidates) – When applying for BEA jobs, be sure to apply to the vacancy announcement that has been identified as “Merit Assignment Procedures (MAP)” or one open to all “Status Candidates.” Applicants should contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement for further questions.
Economist, Accountant & Statistician
*BEA routinely opens announcements for its entry-level Economist, Accountant, & Statistician positions. Please check this page periodically for new job openings.
Management, Communications & Administrative
*BEA routinely opens announcements for its Management, Communications & Administrative positions. Please check this page periodically for new job openings.
*BEA routinely opens announcements for its IT Services positions. Please check this page periodically for new job openings.
BEA Intern Program
Interns at BEA gain valuable work experience and training by a professional staff in areas such as studying, planning the collection and compilation of data from primary and secondary sources, the preparation of preliminary interpretive reports, and the use of computer applications in economic research. Further information on the BEA Intern Program are available here.
Go to the USAJOBS homepage at www.usajobs.gov. Click on the tab entitled “My USAJOBS” or the heading entitled “Create a Resume.” Log into your USAJOBS account. You will be taken to the “welcome back” page. From there, click on tab entitled “Applications” (second row from the top, on the right) to view the result of your recent applications.