Real Personal Income for States and Metropolitan Areas
Real personal income across all regions rose by an average of 2.3% in 2012. Growth in real state personal income ranged from a decline of 1.2% in South Dakota to an increase of 15.1% in North Dakota. Growth in real metropolitan area personal income ranged from a decline of 3.8% in Kennewick-Richland, WA to an increase of 10.2% in Odessa, TX.
- Detailed Release Information
- State Highlights from this release (PDF)
- Metropolitan Area Highlights from this release (PDF)
- Map | Real Personal Income for States: Percent Change
Next release: April 2015 | Archives
- Additional Information
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by State and Metropolitan Area
Gross Domestic Product by Industry, 4th quarter and annual 2013 New!
Gross Domestic Product, 1st quarter 2014 (advance estimate)
Personal Income and Outlays, March 2014
U.S. International Trade in Goods and Services, March 2014
- BEA’s presentations to SABEW 2014
- Factsheet on Upcoming Restructuring of International Statistics (PDF)
- ESA’s FY15 Budget Request Supports U.S. Commerce Department Priority to Unleash More Government Data (PDF)
- BEA Industry Accounts Directorate Users Conference (PDF)
- BEA's New Products for 2014 (PDF)
- What are the guidelines for citing BEA information?
- Who uses BEA statistics?
- Which agency produces what statistics?
- Where can I find BEA account overviews?
- Who are BEA's media contacts and how do I request an interview?
- How can I contact BEA Subject Matter Experts?
- Where can I subscribe to automatic email updates?