Home > Regional Economic Accounts > Regional Definitions > Higher education student assistance

Higher education student assistance

This assistance is the Federal payments, called Pell Grants, to students with low incomes for an undergraduate education. This is included in transfer payments under "Federal education and training assistance payments (excluding veterans)."

The state and county estimates are based on tabulations of annual data for these payments by the county of the educational institution from the Department of Education.