Survey Respondents | Form BE-10
BE-10 Benchmark Survey of U.S. Direct Investment Abroad
- Recorded Webinar: BE-10 Survey Requirements: What Private Funds Need to Know (July 16, 2015)
- Recorded Webinar: 2014 BE-10 Benchmark Survey Overview for New Filers (May 14, 2015)
File via Mail or Fax
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- May I fax my report?
- May I have an extension of the due date for filing the report?
- May I file using an expired version of the form?
- Will BEA acknowledge receipt of my report if requested?
- How do I obtain a copy of a recent report I filed?
- Who should provide the authorized signature on the report?
- Where do I mail reports?
- I received a “Notice of Failure to File” stating that my company has not complied with the reporting requirements. What should I do?
- The address or contact person to whom my survey reports are sent has changed. How do I update this information with BEA?
FAQs for Private Funds
- My company/client is a private fund that has foreign investment. Am I required to submit the 2014 Benchmark Survey of U.S. Direct Investment Abroad (BE-10)?
- If it is determined that a private fund must complete the 2014 BE-10 survey, which forms are required?
- How do I determine which U.S.-based private fund entity or manager would be the U.S. Reporter that is required to complete the 2014 BE-10A Report for U.S. Reporter?
- How do I complete a survey for a foreign affiliate entity if it is a private fund versus an operating company? The 2014 BE-10 survey forms may have numerous questions which do not appear to apply to my domestic and foreign funds/entities. How do I proceed?
- Does the 2014 BE-10 reporting overlap with the Treasury International Capital (TIC) reporting for private funds?
- Are the data reported on the BE-10 survey kept confidential?
- How do I contact BEA if I have specific questions about how to report my U.S. and foreign-based entities (private funds, operating companies, etc.) on the 2014 BE-10 survey?