Research at BEA | Authors | Staff Biography
Reinsdorf, Marshall B.
National Accounts Research Group
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Maryland, 1985
Current Areas of Interest
- National income accounting
- Price measurement
- "Effects of Terms of Trade Gains and Tariff Changes on the Measurement of US Productivity Growth"
- Edited jointly with Robert Feenstra, Benjamin Mandel and Matthew Slaughter
- American Economic Journal: Economic Policy | February 2013
- "Terms of Trade Effects: Theory and Measurement"
- Review of Income and Wealth 56, June 2010, S177-S205
- "International Trade in Services and Intangibles"
- Co-edited with Matthew Slaughter
- Studies in Income and Wealth Vol. 69, Univ. of Chicago Press for NBER, 2009
- "A Review of Reviews: Ninety Years of Professional Thinking About the Consumer Price Index and How to Measure It"
- Joint with Jack Triplett
- In Price Index Concepts and Measurement. W.E. Diewert, J. Greenlees and C. Hulten, eds. Univ. of Chicago Press for NBER, 2009, pp. 17-83
- "Axiomatic Price Index Theory"
- In Handbook of Measurement in Economics, M. Boumans, ed., Elsevier, 2007, 153-188
- "Should Exact Index Numbers have Standard Errors? Theory and Application to Asian Growth"
- Joint with Robert Feenstra
- In Hard-to-Measure Goods and Services: Essays in Honor of Zvi Griliches. Ernst R. Berndt and Charles M. Hulten, eds., Univ. of Chicago Press, 2007, pp. 483-514
- "Additive Decompositions for Fisher, Törnqvist and Geometric Mean Indexes"
- Joint with Erwin Diewert and Christian Ehemann
- Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 28, December 2002, pp. 51-61
- "The Monotonicity Axiom and the Sato-Vartia Index"
- Joint with Alan Dorfman
- Journal of Econometrics 90, no. 1, May 1999, pp. 45-61
- "Formula Bias and Within-Stratum Substitution Bias in the U.S. Consumer Price Index"
- Review of Economics and Statistics 80, no. 2, May 1998, pp. 175-87
- "New Evidence on the Relation between Inflation and Price Dispersion"
- American Economic Review 84, No. 3, June 1994, pp. 720-31
- "The Effect of Price Dispersion on Cost of Living Indexes"
- International Economic Review 35, No. 1, February 1994, pp. 137-49
- "The Effect of Outlet Price Differentials on the U.S. Consumer Price Index"
- In Price Measurements and their Uses, NBER Studies in Income and Wealth Volume 57, Murray Foss, Marilyn Manser and Allan Young, eds. University of Chicago Press, 1993, pp. 227-60