Ownership-based current account
The ownership-based framework is a supplement to the international transactions accounts that presents current account statistics combining cross-border trade with the net receipts of affiliates of multinational companies. Beginning with statistics for 2007, the detailed presentation fully incorporates data for bank affiliates.
The following statistics are supplemental detail that in most cases were provided in response to special requests. BEA cannot fulfill such requests in many cases, but when we are able to fulfill them, we provide equal access to the information by posting it in this section.
Balance of Payments (International Transactions)
- U.S. Government Capital Subscriptions in and Contributions to International Financial Institutions Excluding the International Monetary Fund, Transactions and Positions, 1976:IV-2017:IV (XLSX)
- U.S. Trade in Goods with Canada, 2015-2017 (XLSX)
- Trends in Digitally-Enabled Trade in Services, 1998-2010 (PDF)
- Personal Transfers, 1992:I – 1998:IV (XLS) (Also available in PDF format)
For statistics beginning with 1999, see Table 5.1, line 9, of the U.S. International Transactions Accounts.
- Transfers under U.S. Military Agency Sales Contracts Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I – 2016:I
Direct Defense Expenditures Including All Goods and Services, 1999:I – 2016:I (XLS)These tables were updated for the last time on June 16, 2016.
- Revisions to U.S. Government Payments, 2009 - 2011 (XLS)
- Transactions in Long-term Securities, 1970-1981 (XLS)
International Transactions and Positions in Financial Derivatives Other Than Reserves
- International Transactions and Positions (Fair Values) in Financial Derivatives Other Than Reserves, 2015:I – 2017:I (XSLX)
Operations of Multinational Companies
- Selected Data on Foreign Direct Investment in the United States by State and Country of Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO), 2003-2006 (Zipped XLS)
- In addition to the countries in the standard tables for these years, estimates are presented for Australia, the European Union, Italy, Mexico, and Sweden.
- Production of Intangible Assets and Associated Income for U.S. Affiliates of Foreign Companies, 1992, 1997, 2002, and 2007 (XLSX)
- Profits and employment of foreign affiliates of U.S. companies and U.S. affiliates of foreign companies in high-tech industries, 1999, 2004, and 2009 (XLSX)
- Selected Financial and Operating Data of U.S. Multinational Companies by Industry and Employment Size Class of the U.S. Parent, 2004 to 2007 (XLS)
- External Financing of Majority-Owned Nonbank Foreign Affiliates for 1983-1998 (XLS) (Also available in PDF format)